- HTTP request
- Path parameters
- Query parameters
- Request body
- Response body
- Authorization Scopes
- Try it!
Deletes a custom
When you delete a custom role, the following changes occur immediately:
- You cannot bind a principal to the custom role in an IAM
- Existing bindings to the custom role are not changed, but they have no effect.
- By default, the response from
roles.listdoes not include the custom role.
You have 7 days to undelete the custom role. After 7 days, the following changes occur:
- The custom role is permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.
- If an IAM policy contains a binding to the custom role, the binding is permanently removed.
The URL uses gRPC Transcoding syntax.
Note: Wildcard (*) values are invalid; you must specify a complete project ID or organization ID.
Authorization requires the following IAM permission on the specified resource
Used to perform a consistent read-modify-write.
A base64-encoded string.
The request body must be empty.
If successful, the response body contains an instance of
Requires one of the following OAuth scopes:
For more information, see the Authentication Overview.