The Dialogflow Hangouts integration lets you create bots you can include in one-on-one chats as well as chat rooms. See the Hangouts Chat API docs for more information.
To set up and enable the Hangouts Chat integration, follow these steps:
- Click on Integrations in the left menu.
- Click on Hangouts Chat.
- Select an access option.
- [Optional] Select an agent environment.
- Click Start.
Configure your bot
Once your Hangouts Chat bot is created, you can change the details by clicking the CONFIGURE BOT DETAILS button, on the integration pop-up. This will take you to the Google Cloud Platform Console page for the Hangouts Chat API.
Follow the instructions on the Hangouts Chat API Publishing bots guide to configure and publish your bot.
Enable and configure with the Google Cloud Platform Console
The Hangouts integration can also be enabled through the Google Cloud Platform Console, using the following steps:
- In the Google Cloud Platform Console, click on the menu icon menu in the upper left hand corner.
- Click on APIs & Services then Dashboard.
- Click ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES.
- Search for "Hangouts chat".
- Click on the Hangouts Chat API tile.
- Click Enable.
- Click Configuration in the left sidebar menu.
- Follow the instructions on the Hangouts Chat API Publishing bots guide to configure and publish your bot.
Before testing your bot, make sure you've started it (See the Set up section)
To test your bot, follow these steps:
- Go to Hangouts Chat.
- Click into the Search field.
- Select Find a bot.
- Select your bot name.
- Click Message.
|Your administrator prevented you from talking to bots in direct messages.||Ask your G Suite administrator to allow users to install bots.|