You can see the latest product updates for all of Google Cloud on the Google Cloud page, browse and filter all release notes in the Google Cloud console, or you can programmatically access release notes in BigQuery.
May 13, 2022
Datastream now supports backfilling Oracle database tables that have more than 100 million rows. Click here to access the documentation.
December 14, 2021
Datastream now supports customer-managed encryption keys (CMEK). Click here to access the documentation.
November 30, 2021
As part of this launch, the Stream details page now has an OBJECTS tab with detailed information about each object included in the stream (backfill status, object-level errors, and so on).
Click here to access the documentation.
May 26, 2021
Datastream is a serverless and easy-to-use change data capture (CDC) and replication service. It allows you to synchronize data across heterogeneous databases and applications reliably, and with minimal latency and downtime.
Datastream supports streaming from Oracle and MySQL databases into Cloud Storage. The service offers streamlined integration with Dataflow templates to power up-to-date materialized views in BigQuery for analytics, replicate your databases into Cloud SQL or Spanner for database synchronization, or leverage the event stream directly from Cloud Storage to realize event-driven architectures.
Benefits of Datastream include:
- Being serverless so there are no resources to provision or manage, and the service scales up and down automatically, as needed, with minimal downtime.
- Easy-to-use setup and monitoring experiences that achieve super-fast time-to-value.
- Integration across the best of Google Cloud data services' portfolio for data integration across Datastream, Dataflow, Data Fusion, Pub/Sub, BigQuery, and more.
- Synchronizing and unifying data streams across heterogeneous databases and applications.
- Security, with private connectivity options and the security you expect from Google Cloud.
- Being accurate and reliable, with transparent status reporting and robust processing flexibility in the face of data and schema changes.
- Supporting multiple use cases, including analytics, database replication, and synchronization for migrations and hybrid-cloud configurations, and for building event-driven architectures.
Documentation for Datastream includes a quickstart, conceptual content, how to use this service through the user interface, REST API calls, and gcloud, an API tutorial, and reference, support, and resource-related information. Click here to access the documentation.