This section provides some workflow information for how to use API access tokens as part of your API projects in Cloud Dataprep by TRIFACTA® INC.. An access token is a hashed string that enables authentication when submitted to any endpoint. Access tokens limit exposure of clear-text authentication values and provide an easy method of managing authentication outside of the browser.
- An access token is linked to its creator and can be generated by submitting a username/password combination or another valid token from the same user.
- If a token is created for userA, userB can be provided the token to impersonate userA.
- You cannot create access tokens for users without their authentication credentials.
- Changes to passwords do not affect tokens.
- After a token has been created, it cannot be modified or extended.
- You can create an unlimited number of tokens.
- Access tokens are available in
v4and later of the APIs. They can be used for authentication with any supported version of the APIs.
Access to the APIs must be enabled by the project owner for the project.
NOTE: You must be a project owner to create access tokens.
Generate New Token
API access tokens must be created.
NOTE: The first time that you request a new API token, you must submit a separate form of authentication to the endpoint. To generate new access tokens after you have created one, you can use a valid access token if you have one.
Tokens can be generated from the web application.
- Login to the Cloud Dataprep application.
- From the left nav bar, select Settings > Access Tokens.
- Click Generate New Token.
- Specify the number of days for how long the token should live. Enter
-1to create a non-expiring token.
- Add a user-friendly description if desired.
- Click Generate.
NOTE: Copy the value of the token to the clipboard and store it in a secure location for use with your scripts.
For more information, see Access Tokens Page.
After a token has been acquired, it must be included in each request to the server, for as long as it is valid.
NOTE: After a token has been created, it cannot be extended or modified.
NOTE: API access tokens are not used by users in the Cloud Dataprep application.
After you have acquired the token, you submit it with each API request to the platform.
Example - cURL:
curl http://tri.example.com:3005/v4/jobs -X GET -H "Authorization: Bearer (tokenValue)"
(tokenValue)is the value returned for the token when it was created.
Example - REST client:
If you are submitting your API calls through a REST client, the Authorization header must be specified as follows:
Authorization: Bearer (tokenValue)
New tokens can be acquired at any time.
NOTE: It is the responsibility of the user to acquire a new API token before the current one expires. If a token is permitted to expire, a request for a new token must include userId and password information.
- See Access Tokens Page.
- Via UI: In the Access Tokens page, select Delete Token... from the context menu for the token listing. See Access Tokens Page.