This section provides some workflow information for how to use API access tokens as part of your API projects in Cloud Dataprep by TRIFACTA® INC.. An access token is a hashed string that enables authentication when submitted to any endpoint. Access tokens limit exposure of clear-text authentication values and provide an easy method of managing authentication outside of the browser.
- An access token is linked to its creator and can be generated by submitting a username/password combination or another valid token from the same user.
- If a token is created for userA, userB can be provided the token to impersonate userA.
- You cannot create access tokens for users without their authentication credentials.
- Changes to passwords do not affect tokens.
- After a token has been created, it cannot be modified or extended.
- You can create an unlimited number of tokens.
- Access tokens can be used for authentication with any supported version of the APIs.
Access to the APIs must be enabled by the project owner for the project.
NOTE: You must be a project owner to create access tokens.
Generate New Token
API access tokens must be created.
NOTE: The first time that you request a new API token, you must submit a separate form of authentication to the endpoint. To generate new access tokens after you have created one, you can use a valid access token if you have one.
NOTE: Access tokens are issued per workspace (project). Your product edition and available endpoints may vary between workspaces.
Tokens can be generated from the web application.
- Login to the Cloud Dataprep application.
- From the left nav bar, select User menu > Preferences > Access Tokens.
- Click Generate New Token.
- Specify the number of days for how long the token should live. Enter
-1to create a non-expiring token.
- Add a user-friendly description if desired.
- Click Generate.
NOTE: Copy the value of the token to the clipboard and store it in a secure location for use with your scripts.
For more information, see Access Tokens Page.
After a token has been acquired, it must be included in each request to the server, for as long as it is valid.
NOTE: After a token has been created, it cannot be extended or modified.
NOTE: API access tokens are not used by users in the Cloud Dataprep application.
After you have acquired the token, you submit it with each API request to the platform.
Example - cURL:
curl https://www.api.clouddataprep.com/v4/jobs -X GET -H "Authorization: Bearer (tokenValue)"
(tokenValue)is the value returned for the token when it was created.
Example - REST client:
If you are submitting your API calls through a REST client, the Authorization header must be specified as follows:
Authorization: Bearer (tokenValue)
New tokens can be acquired at any time.
NOTE: It is the responsibility of the user to acquire a new API token before the current one expires. If a token is permitted to expire, a request for a new token must include userId and password information.
- See Access Tokens Page.
- Via UI: In the Access Tokens page, select Delete Token... from the context menu for the token listing. See Access Tokens Page.