These requirements apply to Cloud Dataprep by TRIFACTA® INC., which interacts with the platform through the browser.
Access to the platform requires Google Chrome. For more information, see https://www.google.com/chrome/.
NOTE: Parts of the application may become hidden or distorted unless zoom level is set to 100%.
NOTE: In some cases, ad blocking extensions in your Google Chrome browser, such as AdBlock, can interfere with loading Cloud Dataprep datasets. You may need to disable the extension, particularly if you are loading marketing data.
Google Chrome Requirements
Cloud Dataprep by TRIFACTA INC. requires the use of Google-supported client extensions. Supported desktop Google Chrome clients:
WebAssembly client extension
No other configuration is required.
Tip: WebAssembly is the default client deployed by the platform.
In this release, the following limitations apply to use of WebAssembly:
- The current implementation of WebAssembly in this release is single-threaded, and performance may be impacted.
- Google has not yet implemented multi-threaded WebAssembly.
- Progress bars are not displayed for actions in the Transformer page. This is a known issue.
PNaCl client extension
Additional installation and enablement is required on each desktop. See below.
Support for PNaCl desktop client is likely to be deprecated in a future release. Please upgrade your Google Chrome browser to 68+.
The component is downloaded from Google and updated after Chrome's installation. Therefore, an internet connection is required for its initial download. Notes:
- The component also must not be blocked by any enterprise policies. To check yours, navigate to chrome://policy.
- For more information on how to enable this plugin, see Configure Desktops.
- If you are using Incognito mode to access the application, you are forced to refresh the client each time you open the Transformer page. Avoid Incognito mode.
NOTE: Mobile browsers and Google Chromebook are not supported.
The following requirements apply to your local system.
- Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Opteron processor or newer (SSE2 or newer is required)
- 4 GB RAM
- 2 GB hard disk space
1280 x 720 screen resolution and above
Internet connection (DSL or better)
NOTE: Cloud Dataprep by TRIFACTA® INC. does not support connection through non-transparent or unauthenticated proxies. If you receive "Remote server timed out" error messages, you may need to re-connect through a network without a proxy.
To execute Cloud Dataflow jobs, Cloud Dataprep by TRIFACTA INC. requires that you use the "default" network (with TCP 1-65535 firewall setting) for your VPC network settings.