From the Access Token page, you can generate and manage access tokens that apply to your account. Access tokens can be used when accessing the REST API endpoints.
NOTE: You must be a project owner to access this page to create access tokens.
Figure: Access Tokens Page
- Generate New Token: Click to generate a new access token for your user account. See below.
Token ID: Internal identifier for the token
NOTE: This is not the token itself. That value is exposed when you create the token and must be retained for any use outside of the Cloud Dataprep application.
- Description: User-provided description of the token
- Status: Current status of the token:
- Active - Token is active and can be used for access.
- Expired - Token has expired after its expiration timestamp has been reached.
- Created: Timestamp for when the token was created.
- Expires: Timestamp for when the token expires.
- Last Used: Timestamp for when the token was last used.
Delete Token: Click the delete the token.
Deleting a token cannot be undone.
NOTE: If you delete an active token, any API usage that references the token no longer works.
When you generate a token, you can provide the following information.
Figure: Generate Token Dialog
- Lifetime: Enter the number of days that you would like to use this token without renewal.
- If the token expires, a new one must be created. You can generate a new token at any time.
- You can generate any number of tokens.
Set this value to
-1to never expire the token.
- Description: (Optional) you can provide a user-friendly description of the purpose of the token. This value is for display purposes only.
To create the token, click Generate.
After the token is generated, it is automatically activated. You can have multiple active tokens.
You must copy the token out of the application. Click Copy Token to clipboard to copy the text value of the token.
For security purposes, after you close the My Token screen, the token is no longer accessible. You cannot reopen this dialog. You must copy this value and store it in a secure place for later use.