Genesys: Transforming customer experiences with AI

About Genesys

Genesys is a Google Cloud Technology Partner that was one of the first to integrate directly into Cloud Contact Center AI. Serving more than 11,000 companies around the globe, Genesys facilitates 25 billion customer interactions annually through its omnichannel customer experience platform.

Industries: Technology
Location: United States

As the annual Xperience event grew in popularity for Genesys, a single in-person area for customer service was no longer scalable or easily accessible to attendees. Genesys, a global leader in customer experience and contact center solutions, envisioned a way to provide 24/7 rapid service through their event app and knew they needed AI-powered technology to make it work.

Google Cloud results

  • Saves 60 hours of staff time during three-day event
  • Reduces demand on Genesys employees to resolve issues
  • Frees up employees to focus on more challenging and valuable customer interactions
  • Enhances the employee and customer experience through an AI-powered solution

Achieves 82% query response accuracy

As part of the annual customer event experience in Denver in 2019, Genesys provided a customer service area for attendees to access help for everything from keynote time and location to badge and registration issues.

Given the size of the event, Genesys wanted to provide a scalable and accessible customer service solution. They envisioned a conference experience where attendees could have access to guidance and resources whether they were at the on-site hotel, in the middle of a session, or at the far end of the event venue.

Genesys knew it could use artificial intelligence (AI) to create a virtual assistant within its conference app to accomplish this objective. Genesys called the virtual assistant Kate, a single persona which was powered by Genesys AI. Kate also collaborated with on-the-ground Genesys employees to cater to attendees needs in real time. For a supporting technology behind Kate, Genesys leveraged Google Cloud Contact Center AI suite of AI and machine learning (ML) solutions.

Kate used several Contact Center AI solutions such as a Virtual Agent (supported by Dialogflow) and Natural Language API to provide attendees 24/7 access to customer service. Kate achieved 82 percent response accuracy when interacting with customers, which means it was able to accurately determine an attendee’s intention or need and properly respond 82 percent of the time. For the other 18 percent, Kate was able to direct the conversation to an employee and pass off all of the information, context, and intent of the request as the chat was transferred.

Virtual agents enabled immediate dynamic scaling for handling increased customer interaction volumes, which made Kate more effective at supporting peak times. Google Cloud Virtual Agents are also easy to deploy—no ML experts were required. When the water main went out at the event venue, Kate was flooded with questions about this unexpected incident. A Genesys employee was able to immediately program Kate to handle all of the water main-related questions, and did so without a background in IT or programming.

By the end of the event, Kate fielded 1,054 questions related to conference logistics and specifics on various speaking sessions, transportation needs, and more. Kate was even able to answer questions about AI and other Genesys solutions as attendees heard about them at the event. And in 18 percent of the situations that required escalation to an employee, the response times were reduced to four minutes on average.

Once an issue was escalated to an employee, Contact Center AI solutions-enabled bots assisted with real-time suggestions and turn-by-turn assistance based on the context of the conversation, further improving service throughout interactions. In all, Kate saved roughly 60 hours of staff time throughout Xperience19. Instead of being consistently backed up with a queue of requests, employees were free to focus on and address more complex customer needs, improving the event experience overall for Genesys employees and attendees.

“GCP allows Kate to shift agent efforts away from common, routine queries and toward more difficult, valuable customer interactions. In partnering with Google Cloud, Genesys is better positioned to further AI-powered omnichannel customer experience management.”

Daniel Stoops, Solutions Architect, Genesys.

About Genesys

Genesys is a Google Cloud Technology Partner that was one of the first to integrate directly into Cloud Contact Center AI. Serving more than 11,000 companies around the globe, Genesys facilitates 25 billion customer interactions annually through its omnichannel customer experience platform.

Industries: Technology
Location: United States