Container Analysis integrates with both Artifact Registry and Container Registry.
- Container Registry
- A private registry for container images.
- Artifact Registry
A universal artifact management service that expands on the capabilities of Container Registry. Enhancements include:
- Support for container images and packages
- Repositories in multi-regions or regions
- Access control at the repository level
- Product-specific permissions instead of permissions based on Cloud Storage
If you are not currently storing your containers in a Google Cloud private registry, use Artifact Registry as your private registry.
If you already use Container Registry, you can start transitioning to Artifact Registry. Both registries use the same Container Analysis APIs and the same Pub/Sub topic for notifications so that you have continuity for your container metadata as you move to Artifact Registry. See Transitioning from Container Registry for information about making the transition and a comparison of both services.