Compute Engine charges for usage based on the following price sheet. A bill is sent out at the end of each billing cycle, providing a sum of Google Cloud charges. Prices on this page are listed in U.S. dollars (USD).
For Compute Engine, disk size, machine type memory, and network usage are calculated in gigabytes (GB), where 1 GB is 230 bytes. This unit of measurement is also known as a gibibyte (GiB).
If you pay in a currency other than USD, the prices listed in your currency on Cloud Platform SKUs apply.
You can also find pricing information with the following options:
- See the estimated costs of your instances and Compute Engine resources when you create them in the Google Cloud console.
- Estimate your total project costs with the Google Cloud Pricing Calculator.
- View and download prices from the Pricing Table in the Google Cloud console.
- View more information about costs and usage in Cloud Billing reports.
- Use the Cloud Billing Catalog API for programmatic access to SKU information.
Attach one or more GPUs to your instances to accelerate specific workloads or offload work from your vCPUs. Each GPU adds to the cost of your instance in addition to the cost of the machine type. GPUs are subject to the same billing policy as vCPUs and memory.
GPU devices attached to standard instances receive sustained use discounts similar to vCPUs. GPUs attached to Spot VMs (or preemptible VMs), are charged at the Spot prices for GPUs but don't receive sustained use discounts. To receive committed use discounts on GPUs, you must define a reservation when creating the commitment; the reservation cannot be deleted for the duration of the commitment.
GPU prices are listed by region. GPU devices are available only in specific zones within some regions. Read GPUs on Compute Engine to see a complete list of regions and zones where GPU devices are available.
You can reserve GPU resources in a specific zone, with or without a commitment. Without a commitment, you pay normal on-demand prices, including sustained use discounts. For committed use discounted pricing for GPUs, a reservation must be created when purchasing the commitment. See Reserving zonal resources for more information.
You can also use the Google Cloud Pricing Calculator to help determine the total cost of your instances including both the cost of GPUs and machine type configurations.
To learn more about how you can use GPUs to accelerate your apps, see GPUs on Compute Engine.
Cloud TPU pricing
Information about billing for Cloud TPU resources is available on the Cloud TPU pricing page.
- Refer to the Pricing Overview documentation.
- Try the Pricing Calculator.
- Learn more about Compute Engine sole-tenant nodes.
- Learn more about Compute Engine GPUs.
- Learn more about Compute Engine storage options.
- Review VM instance pricing, Networking pricing, or Disk and image pricing.
- Learn about Compute Engine solutions and use cases.