Simultaneous resource mutation or creation operations
If you update more
than one resource at a time, for example, modifying secondary ranges in a
subnetwork and creating a VM at the same time, you might see a
The resource 'projects/PROJECT/regions/REGION/subnetworks/default' is not ready
Resolution: Retry the failed operation.
If you receive a resource error when requesting new resources, the zone you requested the resources in cannot currently accommodate your request. This error is due to the availability of Compute Engine resources in the zone, and is not due to your Compute Engine quota.
- Because this situation is temporary and can change frequently based on fluctuating demand, try your request again later.
- Try to create the resources in another zone in the region or in another region.
- Try to change the shape of the VM you are requesting. It's easier to get smaller machine types than larger ones. A change to your request, such as reducing the number of GPUs or using a custom VM with less memory or vCPUs, might let your request proceed.
- Use Compute Engine reservations to reserve resources within a zone to ensure that the resources you need are available when you need them.
- If you are trying to create a preemptible instance, remember that preemptible VMs are spare capacity and so might not be obtainable at peak demand periods.
If you receive a
does not exist in zone error when
requesting new resources, it means that the zone you are requesting the resource
in does not offer the resource or machine type that you have requested.
does not exist in zone
Resolution: See Regions and zones to find out which features are available in each zone.