July 24, 2018
- Container Builder is now named Cloud Build.
- Added a new top-level menu for Cloud Build in the GCP Console.
gcloudcommands for Cloud Build are updated to
gcloud builds ....
- Added support for storing non-container artifacts to a Cloud Storage bucket.
- Added support for providing filepath filters to trigger a build only on changes to the specified files or subdirectories.
- Added a new Google Cloud Build GitHub app.
March 6, 2018
Upgraded to Docker version 17.12.0.
February 28, 2018
Cloud Build provides
status for build steps.
January 10, 2018
Added support for
November 2, 2017
Community-contributed build steps released.
October 28, 2017
Cloud Build plugin for Jenkins is now available.
October 25, 2017
- Lowered per-minute pricing for the default n1-standard-1 machine from $0.0034 to $0.003.
- Added two new machine types with 8 CPU and 32 CPU..
- Added an option to select a custom disk size.
For more information see the Pricing documentation.
October 10, 2017
Builds are not triggered if the commit message includes
[skip ci] or
August 28, 2017
Upgraded to Docker version 17.06.1.
August 23, 2017
secrets and build steps accept
secretEnv to specify environment variables with values that
have been encrypted using Cloud KMS.
August 3, 2017
Build steps accept
volumes to persist specified paths across build steps.
July 26, 2017
cloud-build-local, a tool for running builds locally, is available.
You can install the tool using
gcloud components install cloud-build-local.
To learn more, see Running builds locally.
July 18, 2017
gradle is now a
supported build step.
July 10, 2017
homevol mounted across build steps as
June 15, 2017
kubectl is now a
supported build step.
June 7, 2017
builder service account permissions
to empower end-user and IAM-based control over builder robot permissions, thereby
gcloud app deploy,
kubectl, and other permissioned APIs to be
called as part of a build.
May 27, 2017
Upgraded to Docker version 17.05.
March 6, 2017
General availability of user interface in Google Cloud Platform Console, including build history menu.
January 23, 2017
Upgraded to Docker version 1.12.6.
December 15, 2016
General availability of Cloud Build API.
Supported build steps released.
November 23, 2016
General availability of Cloud SDK CLI to Cloud Build.
November 2, 2016
Beta release of Cloud SDK CLI to Cloud Build.
August 22, 2016
Upgraded to Docker version 1.9.1.
July 20, 2016
Alpha release of Cloud SDK CLI to Cloud Build.
January 14, 2016
Beta release of Cloud Build.