Professional Cloud DeveloperBeta
A Professional Cloud Developer builds scalable and highly available applications using Google-recommended practices and tools. This individual has experience with cloud-native applications, developer tools, managed services, and next-generation databases. A Professional Cloud Developer also has proficiency with at least one general-purpose programming language and is skilled at producing meaningful metrics and logs to debug and trace code.
The Professional Cloud DeveloperBeta exam assesses your ability to:
About this certification beta exam
Beta certification exams are newly developed assessments. We gather performance statistics on the questions and use these statistics to create the certification standards for the final exams. This exam objectively measures an individual's ability to demonstrate the critical job skills for the role. To earn this certification you must pass the Professional Cloud Developer exam.
- Pass this exam to become Google Cloud Certified
- Save 40% on the cost of certification
- Prove early adoption by claiming a low certificate number if you pass
- Get exclusive Google-branded apparel
- Refer to our FAQs for more details
Specifics about the beta
- Length: 4 hours
- Registration fee: $120 USD (40% discount on retail price of $200 USD) (plus tax where applicable)
- Language: English
- Exam format: Multiple choice and multiple select
- Exam delivery method:
- Prerequisites: None
- Recommended experience: 3+ years of industry experience including 1+ years designing and managing solutions using GCP.
Beta exam preparation resources:
- To take the upcoming beta exam, use the revised exam guide.
1. Review the exam guide
The exam guide contains a complete list of topics that may be included on the exam. Review the exam guide to determine if your skills align with the topics on the exam. Some of the questions on the exam may refer you to a case study that describes a fictitious business and solution concept. Review the sample case study that may appear on your exam.
Exam guide and case studies (If taking the upcoming beta exam)
3. Hands-on practice
This exam is designed to test technical skills related to the job role. Hands-on experience is the best preparation for the exam. If you feel you may need more experience or practice, use the hands-on labs available on Qwiklabs as well as the GCP free tier to level up your knowledge and skills.
4. Sample questions
Review sample questions to familiarize yourself with the format of exam questions and example content that may be covered on the Cloud Developer exam.