Nominate for the GSV Cup 50 - celebrating innovative EdTech companies
Head of EdTech Marketing, Google Cloud
Program Lead, GSV Ventures
Announcing the GSV Cup 50, presented by GSV and sponsored by Google Cloud
Over the past few years, as the education sector has gone through transformative change, EdTech startups rose to meet new learner demands and helped address some of the biggest challenges in education. Today we’re experiencing another shift that’s just as transformational: the AI Revolution. Artificial intelligence is already changing how we work, live and learn, and it’s only just beginning.
At Google Cloud, we're inspired by how EdTech startups continue to solve challenges with agility, innovative technology, and determination. We’re proud to help EdTechs make learning more personal, accessible, and efficacious, by sharing our network, resources, and expertise that will support them in their growth.
Honoring the world’s most innovative digital learning and workforce skills startups
As sponsors, Google Cloud is excited to again work with GSV Ventures and HolonIQ for the 4th consecutive year to host the 2024 GSV Cup — an honor given to the world's most innovative digital learning and workforce skills startups.
Since 2020, the GSV Cup has seen over 3,000 applications and experienced a 73% expansion of our yearly pool, underscoring the growth of this global recognition. Last year, the GSV Cup received its most diverse applicant pool, consisting of over 40% of finalists outside the US, over 50% of finalists had BIPOC founders (Black, Indigenous, Person of Color), and over 50% of finalists had a woman on the founding team.
The mission of the GSV Cup has been to highlight and support the most innovative startups in the global education and workforce sector. To further GSV Cup’s mission, GSV is updating the nomination and selection process to make it easier and more inclusive than ever before. Instead of crowning just one champion, the GSV Cup is turning the spotlight on the 50 most innovative companies in education and workforce.
The GSV Cup will culminate at the ASU+GSV Summit and ASU+GSV Air Show on April 14-17, 2024, in San Diego, where the GSV Cup 50 will showcase their innovations in front of an audience of influential K12, Higher Ed, and Workforce Learning leaders.
7 reasons to participate in the GSV Cup
Let's explore seven reasons why you should nominate yourself or someone you know to the GSV Cup:
- Google Cloud benefits: Through its sponsorship, Google Cloud is extending substantial benefits to finalists including $500,000 in credits, and exclusive access to sessions featuring Google leaders discussing Generative AI, Data, Security, and partnerships. Additionally, if eligible, finalists will receive Google for Startups Cloud Program benefits, such as additional cloud and training credits, global access to the Google Cloud Startup Community, expert AI resources, and exclusive discounts on Google products.
- The recognition: This year, the GSV Cup is recognizing and celebrating 50 trailblazing companies poised to revolutionize education and workforce development for years to come. You have the chance to be among this elite group, making it a unique opportunity to gain recognition and network with industry leaders. Being a finalist has helped startups accelerate fundraising, facilitate partnerships, and even drive customer acquisition!
- ASU+GSV 2024 Summit Ticket (a $4,000 USD value): The top 50 finalists receive 1 (one) ticket at no cost to the ASU+GSV Summit in San Diego, where you can network with influential leaders in K12, Higher Ed, and Workforce Learning. It's a platform to showcase your innovations, establish partnerships, engage with potential investors, and receive media coverage. In addition to the GSV Cup 50, the ASU+GSV team will also provide an additional 150 nominated companies with a complimentary ticket to the Summit, a highly coveted opportunity valued at $4,000.
- Exhibition Space at the ASU+GSV AIR Show: Finalists get priority access to prime exhibition space at the ASU+GSV AIR (AI Revolution) Show, putting your startup in front of 10,000+ educators and investors.
- Exclusive network access: The ASU+GSV Summit provides an exceptional opportunity for global exposure to leaders in the education and workforce technology sector. You can connect with GSV’s global network including Superintendents, University Presidents, Chief Learning Officers and beyond to exhibit your innovations, build relationships, and engage with potential investors.
- Nominate yourself in just 5 mins: There's no cost other than the time it takes to submit a form that takes under 5 minutes.
- The community: Once you are nominated, you become part of the GSV Cup Startup Academy — a monthly virtual event and community series dedicated to providing valuable insights around early-stage EdTech startups. GSV Cup 50 finalists also will have access to exclusive socials with investors, and to GSV’s network of K12, Higher Ed and Workforce learning leaders.
Submit your nominations here before November 30, 2023: https://goo.gle/gsv-cup