Safeguard your VM workloads with new GCVE Protected
Do you want to migrate your VMware workloads to Google Cloud but aren’t sure how to back up and protect your VMs affordably and reliably? We recently announced GCVE Protected, a new Google Cloud offering that offers bundled pricing for both Google Cloud VMware Engine and Google Cloud’s Backup & DR Service. With GCVE Protected, you can protect all your virtual machines on a VMware Engine node with our first-party backup and DR software for only an incremental add-on cost per VMware Engine node, giving you centralized, fast, and cost-efficient backup and recovery capabilities for your VMware Engine VMs.
GCVE Protected offers:
- Dedicated, managed VMware private-cloud-as-a-service that is available globally, and sold and supported directly through Google Cloud
- Backup management: Centrally managed, fast, and cost-efficient incremental-forever backups
- Disaster recovery: Recover VMs across regions and projects
- Ransomware recovery: Instantly access different point-in-time backup copies in parallel, to quickly identify a desirable recovery candidate
- Test data management: Reduce time-to-test new patches and features, and run business reporting and analytics against production data. Reduce management burden with self-service auto refresh of data
Why should you use GCVE Protected?
- A Google Cloud solution - Built for Google Cloud, this backup and DR service integrates with the Google Cloud ecosystem including simplified sign-on via SSO, seamless integration with Cloud IAM, Cloud Logging, Monitoring, Key Management, and more.
- Centralized management - You can manage backups for various Google Cloud and hybrid workloads all from one place.
- Low TCO - Efficient, incremental-forever backup leveraging changed-block tracking significantly reduces the time it takes you to back up, minimizes impact on production servers, and optimizes bandwidth and storage utilization to lower costs.
- Achieve lower RTO - Instantly mount and access VMware Engine VMs from backups stored in Cloud Storage. No need to first move backup data to warm storage to access it.
- Simplified pricing - GCVE Protected is offered at a fixed price per node, regardless of the amount of data you protect or the number of VMs, simplifying pricing and offering better cost predictability.
Getting started with GCVE Protected
To get started, you just need to:
- Sign up for a Google Cloud account.
- Create a VMware Engine cluster.
- Enable the Backup and DR service for your cluster.
- Start backing up your VMs.
For more information, please visit Google Cloud VMware Engine - Protected.