Introducing new, improved Places SDKs
Google Maps Platform Team
In May, we announced the next generation of our business with Google Maps Platform. We introduced a number of improvements to our products to make them simpler, easier to use and scalable as you grow. Since then, we've continued to invest in our products, including Places, to help you solve problems, optimize business operations and build great experiences for your users.
Today we’re excited to launch upgraded Places SDKs for Android and iOS. You can visit the Android and iOS migration guides today to install the new SDKs.
These upgraded SDKs are designed to make it easier for you to use and scale with our rich Places data by providing the same reliability, security and customer support as our other Google Maps Platform products. The upgraded SDKs offer enterprise-grade features designed to help everyone from innovative startups to Fortune 500 companies. These features include:
- Unlimited requests per day (QPD) - a large increase from the existing SDKs
- 24 hr, 5 days a week customer support with up to 1 hour response time
- A new Service Level Agreement (SLA) with 99.9% uptime
- More frequent updates and quicker bug fixes
In addition, the upgraded SDKs include new features that have been on the top of our customer request queue:
- Opening hours, as part of Place Details
- Total number of reviews for each place
- Access to plus codes - short codes that provide an address for every location in the world, even in areas where traditional street addresses don’t exist
We’re here to help you transition to the new SDKs. For additional information on how to migrate to the new SDKs, please read our Android and iOS migration guides. And if you need assistance, you can access our Technical Support team here.