Gmail API: New endpoints for settings
If you've been pining for a way to update your users' email signatures with a different inspirational quote each day or enable "Out of Office" auto-replies when their calendars are marked as busy, then you're in luck. Today, we're extending the Gmail API with new endpoints for managing settings. These new endpoints cover the following features:
- Forwarding addresses and auto-forwarding
- IMAP and POP settings
- Send-as aliases
- Vacation responder
- Retrieve and update signatures for send-as aliases
- Configure forwarding to external addresses
- Configure send-as aliases that send mail through external providers
- Use HTML in vacation messages
- Manipulate settings for gmail.com accounts
Get started now
What about the existing Email Settings API in the Admin SDK?
This update to the Gmail API effectively replaces the older Email Settings API, so we're also announcing its deprecation today and will turn it down fully on July 7, 2017. We've put together a migration guide to assist clients in porting their existing integrations over to their newer counterparts in the Gmail API. If you have any issues, check out the gmail-api tag on StackOverflow.
We look forward to seeing what you build with these new features in the Gmail API!