Announcing SAP CodeJams for Google Cloud Platform: learn to integrate SAP HANA with GCP
By Casey West, Google Cloud Architecture Advocate; and Lucia Subatin, SAP Developer Evangelist
Real-time performance metrics are essential to many modern businesses and to the decision-makers who run them. In the past, answering simple business questions like “how much money are we making with this product” meant building complex extract-transform-load (ETL) procedures, materialized views, and indices. To help eliminate complexity, SAP created HANA to enable developers to perform transactional and analytical operations on the same table, in the same instance, and in real-time, eliminating the need for ETL procedures. Because HANA allows for columnar and in-memory storage, developers can take advantage of complex operations such as the ones performed by the embedded geospatial, text mining, graph, and machine learning libraries.
Last year we announced certification of SAP HANA on Google Cloud Platform as part of our partnership with SAP to integrate our cloud and machine learning solutions with SAP enterprise applications. In May, we’ll be co-sponsoring several SAP CodeJams so that more developers can learn to deploy and use SAP HANA on Google Cloud Platform.
Get hands-on training at a SAP CodeJam
SAP CodeJams are events designed by developers for developers, and they’re free to attend. At our SAP and Google Cloud Platform CodeJams, you’ll learn to deploy and use SAP HANA on GCP and build integrated solutions with GCP services. We’ll guide you through hands-on labs that enable you to:
- Connect serverless architectures to SAP HANA with Cloud Functions, Cloud Dataflow, and Smart Data Streaming for real-time data streaming and analysis.
- Query data between SAP HANA (live, streaming) and BigQuery (historical or batch).
- Build and deploy Google App Engine applications that manage data in SAP HANA.
- Integrate Google Cloud Platform’s pre-trained machine learning APIs with applications that manage and store their data in SAP HANA.
- Create a workflow for training TensorFlow machine learning models from SAP HANA with Cloud ML Engine.
Come join us—over coffee and snacks, of course—to learn more about machine learning, HANA, and Google Cloud integrations, from both Developer Advocates and peers who are already deploying relevant workflows in production.