Last modified: March 19, 2020
During the term of the agreement under which Google has agreed to provide Google Cloud Platform to Customer (as applicable, the "Agreement"), the Covered Service will provide a Monthly Uptime Percentage to Customer as follows (the "Service Level Objective" or "SLO"):
|Covered Service||Monthly Uptime Percentage|
Cloud Bigtable - Replicated Instance (2 or more clusters)
|with Multi-Cluster routing policy||>= 99.99%|
|with Single-Cluster routing policy||>= 99.9%|
|Cloud Bigtable - Zonal instance (single cluster)||>= 99.9%|
If Google does not meet the SLO, and if Customer meets its obligations under this SLA, Customer will be eligible to receive the Financial Credits described below. This SLA states Customer's sole and exclusive remedy for any failure by Google to meet the SLO. Capitalized terms used in this SLA, but not defined in this SLA, have the meaning given to them in the Agreement. If the Agreement authorizes the resale or supply of Google Cloud Platform under a Google Cloud partner or reseller program, then all references to Customer in this SLA mean Partner or Reseller (as applicable), and any Financial Credit(s) will only apply for impacted Partner or Reseller order(s) under the Agreement.
The following definitions apply to the SLA:
- "Back-off Requirements" means, when an error occurs, the Application is responsible for waiting for a period of time. This means that after the first error, there is a minimum back-off interval of 1 second and for each consecutive error, the back-off interval increases exponentially up to 32 seconds.
- "Covered Service" means Cloud Bigtable.
- "Downtime" means more than a five percent Error Rate for a Cloud Bigtable instance. Downtime is measured based on server side Error Rate.
- "Downtime Period" means a period of five consecutive minutes of Downtime with a minimum of 60 requests per minute. Intermittent Downtime for a period of less than five minutes will not be counted towards any Downtime Periods.
- "Error Rate" means the number of Valid Requests that result in a response with HTTP Status 50x and Code "Internal Error", "Unknown", or "Unavailable" divided by the total number of Valid Requests during that period. Repeated identical requests do not count towards the Error Rate unless they conform to the Back-off Requirements.
"Financial Credit" means the following for Cloud Bigtable Replicated Instances with Valid Requests using a Multi-Cluster routing policy:
Monthly Uptime Percentage Percentage of monthly bill for Cloud Bigtable Replicated Instance with Multi-Cluster routing policy which does not meet SLO that will be credited to future monthly Customer bills 99.0% – < 99.99% 10% 95.0% – < 99.0% 25% < 95.0% 50%
"Financial Credit" means the following for Cloud Bigtable Replicated Instances with Valid Requests using a Single-Cluster routing policy and any Valid Requests to Cloud Bigtable Zonal Instances:
Monthly Uptime Percentage Percentage of monthly bill for Cloud Bigtable Replicated Instance with Single-Cluster routing policy and Zonal Instances which do not meet SLO that will be credited to future monthly Customer bills 99.0% – < 99.9% 10% 95.0% – < 99.0% 25% < 95.0% 50%
"Monthly Uptime Percentage" means total number of minutes in a month, minus the number of minutes of Downtime suffered from all Downtime Periods in a month, divided by the total number of minutes in a month.
"Region" means a region described at https://cloud.google.com/about/locations/, as may be updated by Google from time to time.
"Replicated Instance" means a Cloud Bigtable instance which contains 2 or more Cloud Bigtable clusters, with each cluster in a different Zone of either the same Region or different Regions.
"Valid Requests" are requests
- for a Replicated Instance using the Multi-Cluster routing policy and that conform to the Documentation and that would normally result in a non-error response.
- for a Replicated Instance using a Single-Cluster routing policy that conform to the Documentation and that would normally result in a non-error response.
- for a Zonal Instance that conform to the Documentation, and that would normally result in a non-error response.
"Zonal Instance" means a Cloud Bigtable instance with one Cloud Bigtable cluster.
"Zone" means the applicable zone described at https://cloud.google.com/bigtable/docs/locations, as may be updated by Google from time to time.
Customer Must Request Financial Credit
In order to receive any of the Financial Credits described above, Customer must notify Google technical support within thirty days from the time Customer becomes eligible to receive a Financial Credit. Failure to comply with this requirement will forfeit Customer's right to receive a Financial Credit.
Maximum Financial Credit
The aggregate maximum number of Financial Credits to be issued by Google to Customer for any and all Downtime Periods that occur in a single billing month will not exceed 50% of the amount due by Customer for the applicable Covered Service for the applicable month. Financial Credits will be made in the form of a monetary credit applied to future use of the Service and will be applied within 60 days after the Financial Credit was requested.
The SLA does not apply to any: (a) features or Services designated Alpha or Beta (unless otherwise stated in the associated Documentation), (b) features or Services excluded from the SLA (in the associated Documentation) or (c) errors: (i) caused by factors outside of Google's reasonable control; (ii) that resulted from Customer's software or hardware or third party software or hardware, or both; (iii) that resulted from abuses or other behaviors that violate the Agreement; or (iv) that resulted from quotas listed in the Admin Console.