This page describes how to create an order in Dell Cloud PowerScale for Google Cloud.
Ensure that you have the following roles granted before you create or manage clusters:
- Organization Viewer or Organization Administrator
- Service Networking Administrator
- DNS Administrator
- Service Usage Administrator
To create a cluster, you must have an existing order with a status of ready and available capacity remaining.
To create a cluster through the Google Cloud Console, follow these instructions:
In the Cloud Console navigation menu, click PowerScale and then click Clusters.
Click Create. The Create a PowerScale cluster page opens.
Complete the following fields in the Set cluster properties section:
- Cluster Name: Enter the name that you want to use to reference the cluster.
- Cluster ID: Either assign a unique ID to the cluster, or click the Refresh icon to automatically generate a unique cluster ID based on the Cluster Name field.
- Region: Select the Google Cloud region in which to create the cluster. The location list only displays regions for which you have orders.
Service Tier: Select the cluster level of performance. Assign the amount of storage capacity for the selected service tier for the cluster.
(Optional) Another: Add additional storage capacity to the cluster using another service tier.
Authorized Network: Select the VPC network name from which the cluster is accessed.
Cluster IP address range: Assign the IPv4 address range that is assigned to the cluster in the CIDR format. PowerScale requires you to use RFC 1918 CIDR with maximum prefix length x/20 range.
The Cluster IP address range should be a unique CIDR block that's not currently in use in the authorized VPC network or by any resources that access the cluster.
Cluster Service FQDN: Enter the Cluster Service FQDN that you want to assign the cluster to mount fileshares.
Click Create to create the cluster. The PowerScale Clusters page opens with the cluster status of pending. Once Dell has finished configuring your cluster, the status changes to ready.