Last updated: September 2020
This document introduces a series that helps you transition from a Teradata data warehouse to BigQuery on Google Cloud. The documents in this series provide details about migrating from Teradata, such as:
- How to transfer your schema and data from Teradata to BigQuery.
- How to translate SQL queries from Teradata's proprietary SQL syntax to the syntax used in BigQuery.
The series consists of the following parts:
- Schema and data transfer quickstart
- Query translation overview
- Query translation quickstart
- SQL translation reference
A parallel section discusses general considerations for transitioning from any on-premises data warehouse to BigQuery. That section includes information about schema and data transfer, data governance, data pipelines, reporting, and performance optimization in BigQuery.
For more information, see Migrating data warehouses to BigQuery: Introduction and overview.