This tutorial shows the code you need to implement a simple Java application for Google App Engine--a guestbook that lets users post messages to a public message board. It uses javax.servlet and JavaServer Pages (JSP).
In this code walkthrough, you:
- Clone the tutorial project.
- Learn about core features of App Engine called out in key parts of the project.
- Run, test, and deploy the project.
The tutorial assumes that you are familiar with Java.
The UI for the application looks like this:
- Walk through an Apache Maven project to view an App Engine project with the required layout and files.
- Understand the servlet code and JSP templates that respond to user requests.
- Understand the integration with Google Accounts for user authentication.
- Understand how to use Objectify to save data to Google Cloud Datastore.
- Build and test your app in the local development server.
- Deploy the app to production Google App Engine.