App Engine Premier accounts provide your organization with some additional benefits on top of Google's enterprise-level service and support. These benefits include:
- The ability to create an unlimited number of apps on your Premier account domain.
- No minimum monthly fees per app. Pay only for resources used.
- Monthly billing via invoice.
Note that, since you can create an unlimited number of apps, there is no free low-usage tier for Premier accounts; all usage is billable.
You do not need an App Engine Premier account to purchase enterprise-level support. The benefits of a support package include:
- Support from Google engineers, backed by our 99.95% SLA. (See the Technical Support Services Guidelines for details.)
- The ability to have up to 50 accounts with owner, developer, or viewer access in your application's Admin Console, as opposed to the usual 15.
- The ability to request very high quotas for your app that exceed the standard quotas.
Creating applications on your Premier account
Once your account is configured:
- All new applications created on your domain will be linked to your Premier account. (It may take several minutes for the new app's billing status to change from free to Premier.)
- Any user with an email account linked to your domain will be able to create new applications only on your domain.
Your applications will be available at
*.appspot.com. You can also map applications to your custom domain.
You can give users in your domain administrative rights at the domain level by clicking on Settings in the Domain Console. To access the Domain Console, click the All your-domain-name applications >> link on the home screen of the Admin Console.
Migrating existing applications to your Premier account
A billing administrator performs these steps to request a transfer:
- Go to the Admin Console and select the application.
- Click on Billing Status in the Billing section.
- Click the "Transfer app to a Premier account" link.
- Enter your Premier domain name and click Request Transfer
The transfer must then be approved by a user with domain administration rights, who performs these steps:
- Go to the Admin Console and click on the "All your-domain-name applications >>" link to open the domain console.
- Click on the "Approvals" link in the Domain section to see the pending transfer requests (it may take several minutes for your transfer request to appear here).
- For each application, click on Enable Premier Billing to accept the transfer or on Ignore to deny it.
When the transfer is approved, the Billing Status page will reflect the Premier status of your application. This may take several minutes after the transfer is approved.
Once an app's billing status is changed to Premier, any current charges on your account will be removed from your application's bill and added to your Premier account's invoice. Note that the daily usage history shown in the billing section does not display the dollar cost of usage for Premier applications. These costs will appear in the Premier account's invoice. There is a third-party Chrome extension that many customers are using to calculate billing amounts.
You can choose the application location when you create it in the Developers Console. See the Server Location page for more information.