Welcome to Google App Engine! Creating an App Engine application is easy, and only takes a few minutes. And it's free to start: upload your app and share it with users right away, at no charge and with no commitment required.
Google App Engine applications can be written in the Java, Python, Go or PHP programming languages. This tutorial covers Java. If you would prefer to use Python, Go or PHP to build your applications, see the Python, Go or PHP guides.
What you'll learn
In this tutorial, you will learn how to do the following:
- Use Apache Maven to easily create an App Engine project with required layout and files.
- Build out the project to add a simple app that lets the user post a greeting.
- Integrate the app with Google Accounts for user authentication.
- Save user data to Datastore with the user's email and store the greetings in a database.
- Build and test your work on the local dev server.
- Deploy the app to production App Engine.
By the end of the tutorial, you will have implemented a working application, a simple guest book that lets users post messages to a public message board.
Get started developing Google App Engine Java applications by completing a few short setup tasks.