This page shows you how to deploy your guestbook using the
This page is part of a multi-page tutorial. To start from the beginning and see instructions for setting up, go to Creating a Guestbook.
Deploying your application
In the directory
appengine-guestbook-go, invoke the following command:
appcfg.py -A [PROJECT_ID] -V v1 update ./
YOUR_PROJECT_IDwith your project ID from the Cloud Platform Console.
Check for compilation errors, and fix as necessary, then rerun
After successful compilation, your app deploys. You may need to wait a few minutes before the app begins to serve traffic.
Verifying index generation
If you have specified the custom index in
index.yaml, after your application is deployed, the Cloud
Datastore Indexes are automatically generated. This operation may
take some time, and any visitors to your site will receive a
DatastoreNeedIndexException until the indexes are built. You can monitor the
progress of the operation by visiting the Indexes page in the
Cloud Platform Console.
Viewing your deployed application
In your browser, visit this URL:
- Find out how to authenticate users with Google Accounts or OAuth.
- Learn more about writing application logs and interpreting system logs in Reading and Writing Application Logs.
- To do work in the background asynchronously after your request, use Task Queues.
- For a deeper dive into how App Engine works, see the Go Runtime Environment.
- Read about request handling and request routing.