To create your Anthos clusters on AWS environment, perform the following steps:
- Complete the Prerequisites
- Install the management service
- Create user clusters to run your workloads
Before you begin
You can learn about the components of Anthos clusters on AWS in Architecture. There are additional concept topics that explain how Anthos clusters on AWS handles Authentication, Security, Storage, as well as others.
A management service creates, updates, and deletes Anthos clusters on AWS (GKE on AWS) clusters. You have the following options to install a management service:
- Install a management service into a dedicated AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Integrate with an existing VPC.
- Configure your management service to use an HTTP proxy.
After you install a management service, create your user clusters. Choose from one of the following options to create the user cluster:
- Create a user cluster with default parameters.
- Create a custom user cluster, for example if you want to add node pools with different machine types.
- Create a user cluster with workload identity if you want to assign different AWS IAM roles to each workload.
- If you want to view, monitor, debug, and manage workloads from Google Cloud console, set up your cluster to use Connect using the instructions in Connecting to your cluster with console.
After you have installed a management service and created user clusters, you are ready to launch workloads. Try one of the following:
Launch your first workload on Anthos clusters on AWS.
Configure and create an Ingress with Anthos Service Mesh.