The AI Platform Data Labeling Service enables you to request human labeling for a collection of data that you plan to use to train a custom machine learning model. Prices for the service are computed based on:
- The type of labeling task.
- The number of annotation units generated. The unit for each type of
task is described in the table in the Labeling costs
- For an image classification task, each unit is one image.
- For an image bounding box task, each unit is one bounding box drawn by a labeler.
- For a text classification task, each unit is 50 words. For example, if one piece of text with 70 words is classified, it will be counted as 2 units.
- For a video event task, units are the combination of each 30 seconds of video plus the number of events identified. For example, if one video is 2 minutes and has 10 events labeled, the total number of units will be 14 (4 units for 2 minutes video, 10 units for 10 events).
- The number of human labelers who label each data item. This is specified by the HumanAnnotationConfig replica_count field in the API and the labelers per data item field when creating a new data labeling request in the Data Labeling Service UI. The number of units is multiplied by the number of labelers when calculating price. For example, if you request 3 human labelers for each data item, then you pay 3 times the cost.
The table below provides the price per 1,000 units per human labeler, based on the unit listed for each objective. Tier 1 pricing applies to the first 50,000 units per month in each Google Cloud project; Tier 2 pricing applies to the next 950,000 units per month in the project, up to 1,000,000 units. Contact us for pricing above 1,000,000 units per month.
|Data type||Objective||Unit||Tier 1||Tier 2|
|Bounding box||Bounding box||$63||$49|
|Rotated box||Bounding box||$86||$60|
|Object detection||Bounding box||$86||$60|
|Object tracking||Object in 30s video||$686||$480|
|Event||Event in 30s video||$214||$150|
Google Cloud Platform costs
If you store data items to be labeled in Google Cloud Storage, or use other Google Cloud Platform resources in tandem with the AI Platform Data Labeling Service, such as Google App Engine instances, then you will also be billed for the use of those services. See the Google Cloud Platform Pricing Calculator to determine other costs based on current rates.
To view your current billing status in the Cloud Console, including usage and your current bill, see the Billing page. For more details about managing your account, see the Cloud Billing Documentation or Billing and Payments Support.